1. Remove it NOW – The longer you wait, the harder it will be to remove. If you cannot remove the stain, call a professional right away.
2. DO NOT USE – High residue products on your area rugs. Use a neutral ph spotting agent that is made for wool.
3. Use as little moisture as possible – With silk, sisal, cotton, and grass rugs. For these, apply a spotter to a cloth and gently dab the stain.
Some rugs have a very unstable dye and can be easily ruined. Always pre-test any solution on the rug before attempting spot removal.
Below are some special tips that will help:
• Make sure you NEVER apply any solvent (nail polish or rubbing alchohol) directly to the carpet. This could cause weakening of the fiber backing.
• Use a spot machine (by bissel, little green machine, etc) or a wet vacuum to extract any liquid spot BEFORE you treat it with any spot removing solution.
• DON’T USE TOO MUCH SOLUTION. An entire bottle of spotter should NEVER be used on one spot.
• RINSE, RINSE, RINSE. This is one of the biggest things homeowners overlook. Remember, the rinse water can be extracted with your spot machine or wet vacuum.
Most spots: Use our Spray and wet wipe or mix 1/4 teaspoon clear hand dishwashing soap with 1 cup water and follow the directions above. Avoid high residue spotters .
Grease or Oils: For greasy spots, apply rubbing alcohol to a cloth and gently dab the spot. Never pour a solvent directly on your carpet.
Wax: Melt the wax unto a paper bag with a steam iron. Place the paper bag over the wax. Do not allow the iron to directly touch the carpet.
If you can’t remove the spot, call us at 071 687 4950. We’ll fit you in our schedule.
So give us a try. It’s a lot better than staring at a HUGE ugly stain the rest of the time you have your carpet. Keep your carpet beautiful.
The Carpet Clinic – Professional Carpet Cleaning Johannesburg
Jose Lopes – Owner & Operator
For a quick quote, fill out the form below and we will contact you with a price.
Or call us on: 071 687 4950
Get in Touch Today!